Cold Compress are used by skin professionals during facial treatments, but you can use these at home to treat various conditions. A cold compress is used mainly to cool down the heat produced on the skin post a facial massage treatment. This helps balance the pH of the skin and tones the skin. These can also be used in the summer as a soothing treatment for heat rashes or sunburns.
METHOD OF PREPARATION
- Take a large piece of cotton.
- Soak these a good quality toner such as rose water, calendula water,etc.
- Keep this refrigerated for best effect.
- Remove and use whenever required.
- When using the cold compress make sure to squeeze it out with your fingertips and not the palm. This helps maintain its temperature.
- After you apply the compress pat it lightly for maximum effect.