A Sunburn is the condition in which excessive exposure to the sun causes redness, itching and inflammation(swelling) of the skin. Following are some tips for its treatment.
- Avoid going out in the Sun after getting a sunburn.
- It is important to dissipate the heat that has penetrated into the layers of the skin, so it is important to apply cooling gels such as aloevera and cold compresses.
- Avoid applying ice since it will cause a different type of burn.
- Avoid putting thick ointments and creams to relieve the skin, these can trap the heat and make the condition worse.
- Apply cold milk or yoghurt these will help absorb heat from the skin.
- Cold cucumber can be mashed and applied for a soothing effect.
- Boil and mash a potato apply this over the sunburn, starch in potatoes is known to absorb heat from the skin.
It is best to use a Sunscreen before stepping out in the Sun to prevent Sunburns.